Croatian Geological Society (CGS), established in 1951, is a voluntary professional association of geologists and persons interested in geology and natural heritage, including the institutions from the field of Earth sciences. Aim and purpose of the Society is promotion of geological science and practice, and development of geology as the field of Natural science and engineering.
Particularly important mission of the Society is development of professional and scientific work in the field of Geology, spreading of geological knowledge and scientific and professional specialization of our members and Society as well.
Activities of the Society are:
- Organization of internal and public scientific conferences,
- Organization of professional meetings, excursions and workshops,
- Monitoring of the development and position of geology in education,
- Publishing of scientific and professional papers in Croatian and foreign publications,
- Gathering of students from different educational institutions,
- Public discussions,
- Popularization of geology in the public,
- Developing of professional responsibility and ethic in geosciensces.
Members of Croatian Geological Society participate in different Society sections.